Professional theatre staging requirements
Black Drapes Surround
The theatre requires to supply, if possible, a setting of black drapes as we
need a black surround for our shows – masked into 33 feet (10 metres) wide by 14
feet (4 metres) deep working area.
Stage and lighting plot
Click here to open window detailing plot
Fly lines are preferable to fly our coloured cloths during the show. (We can
work without if needed).
• One man to fly our cloths in and out during the performance (if theatre has
• One man to operate the front tabs throughout scene changes.
• If extra stage crew are available, we require one man at each side to collect
scenery in the wings during scene changes
• One man to work sound system and lighting
• Minidisk or CD sound system
• 6 UV tubes – four placed along the front of the stage and 2 placed upright
left and right of stage area
• A small spot at each side of the stage with a blue gel used as working lights
• One blue gel behind black setting of drapes for puppeteers crossing stage in
• A front of house spot (to light the puppeteer for the intro before we go into
• During act – all ultra violet
• Curtain call with stage lights for the end of the performance
can be asked by email on or by phone on 01899 220631.
© 2003 International Purves Puppets. All rights reserved.